PiE raises money to help all PAUSD students reach their fullest intellectual, social, and creative potential.
PiE is committed to educational excellence for every student in the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD). We work in partnership with parents and the community to raise funds to provide an educational experience beyond what is possible with public dollars.
- Education Matters – We believe that a prosperous society has its roots in a strong, well-funded public school system.
- Funding Matters – We believe consistently well-funded schools are able to prepare our graduates to meet the challenges and opportunities of our world.
- Partnership – We join forces with parents, the school district, PTAs, boosters, principals, teachers, students, businesses and the extended community to make PAUSD schools the best they can be.
- Equity and Excellence – We are dedicated to the founding ideals of equality as we strive to provide the best educational experience possible.
- Academic and Personal Growth – We support schools in their efforts to nourish our children’s intellect, self-expression, social skills and engagement with the larger world.
- Broad Support – We welcome all donations, large and small, and recognize that broad community involvement sends a powerful message of caring about the growth and future of all children in our public schools.
- Volunteer Diversity – Volunteers from all backgrounds strengthen PiE and our schools.
- Integrity – Fundraising efforts are conducted with honesty and adherence to the highest degree of ethical standards.
- Efficiency – A foundation run primarily by dedicated volunteers like ours maximizes the contribution to schools and minimizes overhead.
- Innovation – We are committed to innovation in addressing our District’s funding needs, and to facilitating the Districts’s innovation in teaching.
The above Mission, Vision and Values were updated as part of PiE’s 2013-14 strategic plan creation and adoption.
Please read our 2013 – 2015 strategic plan, including a letter to all stakeholders and our top priorities for this three-year period.