Last Updated: July 17, 2013
Thank you for supporting our schools through Palo Alto Partners in Education!
Palo Alto Partners in Education (“PiE” or “We”) grants you the right to use PiE’s website at www.papie.org (“Site”) subject to the terms and conditions of use (“Terms of Service”) set forth below. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR SITE.
1. DONATIONS. You expressly and affirmatively consent to the following if you make a donation on the Site:
(a) If you have checked the “One Payment” option as your “Type of Payment” on the donation form, then the following applies to you. You hereby authorize PiE (or our third party payment service provider) to bill the “Credit Card” that you provided in the donation form for the “Amount of Donation” that you provided in the donation form. All donations are non-cancelable and non-refundable. All donations are in U.S. dollars.
(b) If you have checked the “Monthly Recurring Payment” option as your “Type of Payment” on the donation form, then the following applies to you. Your donation will occur when you make the donation and each month thereafter for the number of monthly recurring payments you specified on the donation form (i.e., 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, or 12 months) or, if you specified ongoing, until you cancel your reoccurring donation (“Reoccurring Donation Term”). You may cancel or modify your reoccurring donation at any time by calling us at 650-329-3990 or emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “Cancel Monthly Reoccurring Payment”. Your reoccurring donation amount is the “Amount of Donation” that you provided in the donation form. The length of your reoccurring donation is through the Reoccurring Donation Term. You hereby authorize PiE (or our third party payment service provider) to bill the “Credit Card” that you provided in the donation form for the “Amount of Donation” that you provided in the donation form, when you make the donation and each month thereafter during the Reoccurring Donation Term. All donations are non-cancelable and non-refundable. All donations are in U.S. dollars.
2. LICENSE. PiE owns and operates the Site. The documents and other information and content available on the Site (the “Site Content”) are protected by copyright laws throughout the world. PiE grants you a limited license to reproduce portions of the Site Content for the sole purpose of reviewing the Site Content as an applicant for employment, a current or potential donor, current or potential business partner, or current or potential investor of PiE. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Site Content must be retained on any copies. Any unauthorized reproduction or modification, distribution, or performance of any Site Content is strictly prohibited. PiE and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms of Service. Copyright © 2013, Palo Alto Partners in Education. All rights reserved.
3. TRADEMARKS. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
4. MODIFICATION. PiE reserves the right, at any time, to modify the Site Content or to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that PiE will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification of the Site Content or modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
5. FEEDBACK. PiE will treat any feedback, suggestions, or other submissions (“Feedback”) you provide to PiE as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Thus, in the absence of a written agreement with PiE to the contrary, you agree that you will not submit to PiE any Feedback that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. PiE will be entitled to use your Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without paying any compensation to you.
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS. The Site may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties. Such third party web sites are not under the control of PiE. PiE is not responsible for the content of any third party web site or any link contained in a third party web site. PiE provides these links only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to third party web sites.
7. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. PIE IS PROVIDING THE SITE AND THE SITE CONTENT ON AN “AS IS” BASIS FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. PIE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND QUIET ENJOYMENT. PIE DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE CONTENT OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. INFORMATION AT THIS SITE MAY NOT BE CURRENT AT THE MOMENT YOU VISIT THIS SITE AND MAY CONTAIN ERRORS.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL PIE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE SITE CONTENT OR THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT PIE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. PIE’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, THE SITE, OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50).
9. AMENDMENT. PiE may, at any time, revise these Terms of Service by updating this posting. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and, therefore, you should periodically visit this page of the Site to examine the then-current Terms of Service. Certain provisions of these Terms of Service may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Site.
10. GENERAL PROVISIONS. If any provision of these Terms of Service is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms of Service will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. These Terms of Service and any action related thereto will be governed, controlled, interpreted, and defined by and under the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws principles that require the application of the law of a different state. By using this Site, you hereby expressly consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts in Santa Clara County for any lawsuit filed there against you by PiE arising from or related to these Terms of Service. PiE is located at the address below. If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
If you have any questions about the foregoing, please contact us at:
Palo Alto Partners in Education
25 Churchill Ave.
Palo Alto, CA 94306