For the 2019-20 school year, generous support from parents and community donors has allowed PiE to provide Addison with $170,240 which will be spent on:
- General Classroom Aides, so that all classrooms will get vital classroom aide time daily. Aides are a tangible, integral part of every child’s classroom experience at Addison, and PiE funds will pay for all of this time
- Bill the Science Guy from the Junior Museum and Zoo, so that all students receive science instruction that is hands-on, experiential, and fun! PiE funds will cover 100% of this program
- Spectra Art, so that all classrooms benefit from regular art instruction, to build student confidence and artistic expression. PiE funds will pay for all of this program
- Staff to help with interventions and classroom support
- Counseling support five days per week
Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps support the traveling music and dance programs for all elementary schools.
Your 2019-20 Addison PiE Representatives are Sonia Joshi, Melissa Reller, Sushmita Vij, and Yu-En Tsai. Questions? Please email addison AT SIGN papie.org