For the 2020-21 school year, donations from parents and community members will allow PiE to provide $124,198 for use at Barron Park Elementary. These generous gifts to PiE will fund:
- Barron Park’s popular science program for all grades Kindergarten through fifth offered through the Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo, a hands-on supplemental science program
- Bringing in performing arts to some grade levels
- General classroom aide time, helping to provide seven hours of vital classroom aide time weekly. Aides are an important part of the classroom experience at Barron Park because they let teachers work with small groups or individuals, helping to differentiate instruction that benefits all our children
- All of the Spectra Art teachers allowing all students to grow in creativity and confidence from regular art instruction benefitting the whole child
- School-based counseling that helps all staff maximize social and emotional learning for all children
Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps support the traveling music and dance programs for all elementary schools.
Your Barron Park PiE Representative for 2020-21 is Alan Schroeder. Questions about PiE? Email barronpark AT SIGN papie.com