For the 2019-20 school year, support from parents and community members has allowed PiE to provide $178,058 for use at Duveneck. These generous gifts will be used on campus to benefit every Duveneck student:
- To fund nearly all of the general classroom aide time, so that all classrooms get multiple hours of vital classroom aide time weekly. Aides allow for small group instruction, differentiation in instruction, and guided reading for all students
- To fund 100% of the supplemental science program with six hand-on classes per grade per year by Arad from the Junior Museum and Zoo, so that all students receive experiential science instruction closely linked to the curriculum
- To fund a Spectra Art teacher so that all classrooms benefit from regular art instruction, for multi-dimensional learning, creativity, and increased confidence
- To pay for interactive TheatreWorks programs including “Playing with Poetry” and “Playing with Math” to allow for fun, movement and creative teaching and learning in core subjects
- To fund part of Duveneck’s counseling support and life skills training for all students, part of the instructional support team that oversees school climate and social kindness efforts
Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps support the traveling music and dance programs for all elementary schools.
Your 2019-20 Duveneck PiE Representatives are Christy Goralnik, Jenni Bittinger, Shirley Stonich, and Jackie Tong. Questions about PiE? Please email them at duveneck AT SIGN papie.org