For the 2019-20 school year, generous gifts from parents and community members have allowed PiE to provide $235,819 for use at Escondido. During this school year, the funds will be used:
- To pay for the majority of the general classroom aide time, so that all children receive multiple hours of vital classroom aide time weekly, allowing teachers to work in small groups and focus on differentiated learning for all students
- To pay for the supplemental science instructor, Mary Jo Ricci, so that all students receive at least one 5-6 week unit of experiential, hands-on science instruction
- To support the Math Instructional Assistant who helps with instruction in the classroom by providing a customized teaching approach
- To fund our Spectra Art teachers in both English and Spanish: Sue Emsley, Scott Souter and Alejandra Hermandinger, so that all classrooms benefit from regular art instruction for multi-dimensional learning, creativity, and confidence
- To fund four days a week of a CASSY counselor, working with students one-on-one or in small groups, to help facilitate and optimize classroom and playground dynamics and social-emotional skills in students
- To fund social-emotional learning curriculum to ensure that Escondido’s large campus and large population of students play safely and harmoniously, and help students resolve conflicts
Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps support the traveling music and dance programs for all elementary schools.
Your 2019-20 PiE Representatives at Escondido are Julie Wissink, Christina Cragholm, Sarah Jados, Kristina Toland, and Becky Brunson Eversull. Questions? Please email them at escondido AT SIGN papie.org.