For the 2020-21 school year, generous gifts from parents and community members have allowed PiE to provide $275,596 for use at Escondido. During this school year, the funds will be used:
- To pay for the majority of the general classroom aide time, so that all children receive multiple hours of vital classroom aide time weekly, allowing teachers to work in small groups and focus on differentiated learning for all students
- To pay for the supplemental science instructor, Mary Jo Ricci, who supports classroom teachers with rich resources to delivering experiential, hands-on science lessons
- To support the Math Enrichment teacher who provides extension and challenge math lessons to students in grades 3-5
- To fund our Spectra Art teachers in both English and Spanish: Sue Emsley, Scott Souter and Alejandra Hermandinger, so that all classrooms benefit from regular art instruction for multi-dimensional learning, creativity, and confidence
- To fund five days a week of a CASSY counselor, working with students one-on-one or in small groups, to help facilitate and optimize classroom and playground dynamics and social-emotional skills in students
Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps support the traveling music and dance programs for all elementary schools.
Your 2020-21 PiE Representatives at Escondido are Julie Wissink, Sarah Jados, Kristina Toland, and Becky Brunson Eversull. Questions? Please email them at escondido AT SIGN papie.org.