For the 2020-21 school year, generous gifts from parents and community members have allowed PiE to provide $218,629 for use at Fairmeadow. During this school year, these funds will:
- Pay for general classroom aide time, so that all classrooms receive multiple hours of vital classroom aide time weekly. Aides are an important part of the classroom experience at Fairmeadow, allowing for small group instruction and differentiation in teaching and learning
- Fund 100% of Spectra Art at Fairmeadow, so that all students receive art instruction every other week to foster creativity and confidence
- Pay for science, giving all students the opportunity to experience hands-on science experiments and experiential learning
- Fund part of an intervention specialist to ensure all students receive the most effective instruction possible through outreach and co-teaching
- Fund a CASSY counselor who works with students one-on-one or in small groups to help facilitate and optimize classroom and social-emotional skills in students
- Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps fund the music and dance programs for all elementary schools
Your Fairmeadow PiE Representatives for 2020-21 are Joyce Farnsworth, Mei-Hsia Tan, and Heather Gaillard. Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Some of the programs and roles described above are based on the prior, in-person learning model. As plans evolve during the pandemic, these programs may be offered virtually or adapted as the school year progresses.
School Address & Phone Number:
500 E. Meadow Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
“Palo Alto Unified is known for the quality education it provides to each student, and Partners in Education plays a large role in PAUSD’s success. Thank you to PiE funds for providing Fairmeadow with those extra pair of hands (our general classroom aides/instructional assistants) in the classrooms which support our students. Without generous PiE donations, Fairmeadow would not have the invaluable experiences that the Science Lab and Spectra Art provide. In addition, PiE funds provide Clubhouse Counseling, which supports the social and emotional wellbeing of our children. I am so grateful to know that each and every student in our district benefits from rich experiences and enhancements that are funded by PiE.”
Iris Wong, Principal