For the 2019-20 school year, generous gifts from parents and community members have allowed PiE to provide $189,783 for use at Fairmeadow. During this school year, these funds will:
- Pay for general classroom aide time, so that all classrooms receive multiple hours of vital classroom aide time weekly. Aides are an important part of the classroom experience at Fairmeadow, allowing for small group instruction and differentiation in teaching and learning
- Fund 100% of Spectra Art at Fairmeadow, so that all students receive art instruction every other week to foster creativity and confidence
- Pay for 100% of the science lab instructor, Kendra Hornbostel, giving all students the opportunity to experience hands-on science experiments and experiential learning
- Fund part of an intervention specialist to ensure all students receive the most effective instruction possible through outreach and co-teaching
- Fund a CASSY counselor who works with students one-on-one or in small groups to help facilitate and optimize classroom and social-emotional skills in students
Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps support the traveling music and dance programs for all elementary schools.
Your Fairmeadow PiE Representatives for 2019-20 are Heather Gaillard and Joyce Farnsworth. Questions? Please email fairmeadow AT SIGN papie.org