For the 2020-21 school year, generous gifts from parents and community members have allowed PiE to provide $214,435 for use at Hoover. These funds will be used for these vital programs affecting every child at Hoover:
- To pay for weekly Spectra Art lessons from Gretel Colvert for every classroom, to ensure every child is exposed to the creativity and challenge of art
- To fund 100% of the Instructional Assistants providing an integrated approach to learning including science, math, writing, and poetry. The Instructional Assistants support hands-on programs, collaborate/co-teach/teach lessons, and enhance instruction for all Hoover students
- To fund 100% of three Aides for the Kinder classrooms (Younju Han, Fiona Chew, and Raji Ramamurth) who collaborate with teachers to provide support for the active, academic, social, and emotional learning that takes place at this specific grade level
- To partially fund an Intervention Specialist to ensure all students receive the most effective instruction possible through outreach, teaching, coaching, and co-teaching
- Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps fund the music and dance programs for all elementary schools
Your Hoover PiE Representatives for 2020-21 are Kanwal Raza and Lexing Ying. Questions about PiE? Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the programs and roles described above are based on the prior, in-person learning model. As plans evolve during the pandemic, these programs may be offered virtually or adapted as the school year progresses.
School Address & Phone Number:
445 E. Charleston Road
Palo Alto, CA 94306
“Palo Alto Partners in Education (PiE) provides funding across the District that benefits ALL students. This equitable and important funding for STEM, The Arts, and Wellness & Support allows us to attend to the needs of all of our students, supporting and enriching their experiences at Hoover. Highly trained and experienced individuals working directly with students instructionally means students in Palo Alto are receiving a strong, well-rounded education in specific content areas and in the arts. Thank you PiE, and thank you to all our donors who are focused on providing the best for our children!”
Jim Sherman, Principal