For the 2020-21 school year, generous donations from parents and community members will allow PiE to provide $264,988 for use at Ohlone. These generous funds will:
- Pay for 90% of the general classroom aide time, so that all classrooms receive multiple hours of vital classroom aide time weekly. Aides are an important part of the classroom experience at Ohlone, allowing teachers to work in small groups or individually with students in every classroom
- Fund 100% of Spectra Art at Ohlone, so that all students can benefit from regular art instruction to enhance curriculum and build creativity every week
- Pay for one of the farm science instructional assistants, so that all students can learn from the beauty and wonder of the live and growing things on the Ohlone farm
- Pay for two sessions per classroom of Junior Museum and Zoo hands-on experiential science instruction linked to the PAUSD curriculum
- Fund Coach Bryant who engages students with social-emotional learning (SEL) activities
- Fund a CASSY counselor who works with students one-on-one or in small groups to help facilitate and optimize classroom and social-emotional skills in students
- Support the Project Resilience program which builds developmental assets and resilience for students in the upper grades
- Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps fund the music and dance programs for all elementary schools
Ohlone PiE Representatives for 2020-21 are Angie Sanaee, Jennifer Lee, Rowena Chiu, and Kimberly Klikoff. Questions? Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the programs and roles described above are based on the prior, in-person learning model. As plans evolve during the pandemic, these programs may be offered virtually or adapted as the school year progresses.
School Address & Phone Number:
950 Amarillo Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306
“PiE enriches the quality of education for Ohlone students each day. Your PiE donations fund our amazing classroom aides along with our exceptional supplementary programs in art, math, science, and counseling. We are grateful for the opportunities PiE provides Ohlone students in becoming well-rounded, thoughtful, engaged, and impactful citizens of our community and world.”
Dawn Yoshinaga, Principal