For the 2019-20 school year, generous donations from parents and community members have allowed PiE to provide $166,766 to Palo Verde. These funds will be used to pay for:
- 100% of the cost of the general classroom instructional assistants, so that every child has one more person available to support his/her needs in the classroom. The aides not only assist students, but facilitate teaching in the classroom so that students can spend more time in small groups and one-on-one with the teacher
- 100% of the Spectra Art program, so that every child can have regular access to art lessons, building creativity and confidence
- Fund a Acknowledge Alliance counselor who works with students one-on-one or in small groups to help facilitate and optimize classroom and social-emotional skills in students
- 100% of the Project Resilience program, for all students in third through fifth grade, which builds developmental assets and resilience for students in the upper grades
- Instruction from the Junior Museum and Zoo to offer hands-on science units to supplement core curriculum
Through a grant to the district, PiE also helps support the traveling music and dance programs for all elementary schools.
Your 2019-20 PiE Representatives are Esther Lee Luh, Yael Valek, and Monica Aldous. Questions? Please email them at paloverde AT SIGN papie.org